These bran muffins are a perfect weekday breakfast on-the-go or a welcome respite from the usual heavy brunch offerings. Applesauce works well in place of the pumpkin purée. – Rachel P.
2 ½ cups wheat bran
½ cup oat flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Liberally grease a muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs briefly and add the rest of the wet ingredients. Mix well.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir gently until everything is just incorporated.
5. Heap the batter evenly into the wells of the muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes (if not done at 20, give them up to 5 more minutes). Let cool for 10 minutes in the tin before removing.
Makes 12 muffins.